This fully updated beautiful country home, less than two miles from the town of Woodland, offers the stately charm and classic craftsman quality of the 1930’s and is ideally located in the heart of the countryside.
Originally built using solid oak studs and joists and concrete block, the thick walls and dual pane windows make this marvelous home easy to cool and heat.
A large modern kitchen with center-island and pantry is perfect for family gatherings, and the open floor plan with gorgeous hardwood floors, high ceilings and many windows take advantage of long views across the fields and orchards. With four bedrooms and three full baths, a fully finished basement and a total of approximately 4500 square feet*, plus a separate 1080sf three car garage, this magnificent home provides plenty of space for growing families.
The property comprises .72 acres and is fully fenced and gated, adjacent to almond orchards it offers quiet and privacy, yet is only a few minutes to shopping and services of Woodland.
The wonderful outdoor spaces include a large patio, shaded pergola, spa and expansive lawns making for perfect summer barbeques with friends and family.
A 15Kwh owned solar system, with panels mounted on the detached garage roof, provides power for the house and all the equipment for a total annual true up cost of less than $700.
- Efficient – Being of block construction with thick walls, dual pane windows, the house is easy to cool and to warm
- Solar Home – 15,000kWh rated garage roof mounted solar system produces all the power to run the full electrical house including two refrigerators, two standalone freezers, two water heaters, 6- person Hot Tub, 5-ton 14-seer heat pump HVAC system, Whole-house fan, well with 1.5hp pump for house and irrigation water, and large high efficiency catalytic wood stove insert capable of heating the entire house. Less than $700.00 annual True-up cost
- Sound & Quiet – With the block construction, inner wall construction and dual pane glass, the house calms and cancels outside noise, and thick ceiling to floor spaces from the basement to the first floor to the first floor to the second create an audible separation
- Open floor plan with high ceilings, magnificent natural light, neutral colors, and long views.
- Large Garden Area
- Plainfield school – In the desirable Plainfield Elementary School area noted for having some of the best teachers in the district and greatest parent/community involvement.
- Four High School options – Woodland High School, Pioneer High School, Woodland Christian, and Davis Senior High School
- Davis Senior High School Open Enrollment – Davis Senior High School one of the premier Senior High Schools serving 10th-11th & 12th grade students in the Sacramento Valley is 12-miles away and offers open enrollment to students from the area.
- Sunrise & Sunset- Long views from the Sierras to the Coast Range commonly provide fabulous sunrises and sunsets
- Entertaining – Large yard and patios, large kitchen and living room area, large game room with home theater area
- Great fire and emergency service protection – Provided by the Willow Oak Fire Department with two professionally staffed stations within 3-miles.
- Unique – Rare of a kind in the valley of large lot estates without farmland attached.
- Character –Stately presence with mature Mediterranean landscape
- High volume internal storage – Utility area in the basement provides several hundred square feet of storage
- Fully insulated deep 3-car garage with 220v, hot & cold water, 9′ ceilings, skylights, windows, with 4’-utility rollup door.
- Outdoor/indoor dog kennel
- Quaint vegetable & flower garden area
- Expansive driveways, parking and external storage areas
- Automatic controller ready front driveway gate.
- Plenty of room for additional out buildings, living quarters, RV hookups
- Offers country lifestyle without having to own the country.
- Access to neighbor fields and farmland for bike riding, walks, runs, and nature.
- Pool plans for large lap pool available upon request
- Mature low maintenance landscape
- Fun place to live and raise a family
- New main House roof in 2008 (40-year shingles and ridge)
- New Garage roof on 2016 to accompany solar installation (40-year shingle and ridge)
- New 5-ton 14-seer heat pump HVAC system in 2016
- New hardwood floors 2017
- New 1.5hp 25gpm water pump & 1.5hp motor with Lakos sand & sediment separator 2019
*Information contained herein is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer should verify all information.
- 1.75-miles from Woodland and major shopping center
- 7.25-miles from Hwy 505
- 14-miles from Hwy 80
- 5.5-miles from I-5
- 15-miles from Sacramento International Airport
- 3-miles from Watts/Woodland Airport
- 6.5-miles from Yolo County Airport
- 21-miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 13.5-miles from University of California Davis
- 2.5-miles from Hospital
- 2.5-miles from Two Fire Stations
- 123-miles from Tahoe
- 85-miles from San Francisco
- 27-miles from Lake Berryessa
- 3-miles from Yolo Fliers Golf Club
- 20-miles from Yocha Dehe Golf Resort
- 46-miles to the Napa Valley
About The Agent
Rick has been in the real estate industry since 1991 and brings a wealth of knowledge from his background in single and multi-family residential and commercial real estate development. Past accomplishments include building some of the first-ever multi-family loft developments in San Francisco in the early 1990s.
Rick joined Vanguard Properties recognizing that it presented an opportunity to associate his clients' unique properties with Northern California's premier forward-thinking real estate brand. "Presenting my clients' properties through Vanguard Properties, with its reputation for panache, style, and effectiveness provides an edge that I believe, makes a difference in helping me get the very most for my client."
A resident of California for more than 30 years, Rick was born in Toronto, Canada, and then raised in a suburb of London, England until moving back to Canada, this time Vancouver, B.C., where he lived until moving to California."
Living in three countries, and traveling to countries on four continents, has given me an opportunity to appreciate and embrace the cultural and ethnic individuality that we all bring to California, making it the most wonderful place to live."
Rick resides in Alamo with his wife, Kim, and their two misbehaving cats. In his spare time, you will find him on his motorcycle, playing tennis and golf, or coaching kids' soccer in Lamorinda. He also enjoys cooking for friends and family, so you'll often find a table set for 12 at his house on a Saturday night!"It's my distinct honor to be able to help and guide friends, and friends I have not yet met. with their real estate transactions."